- Visitors to our website
- People emailing via the website to make an inquiry, request information or services, via our ‘Contact us’ form
Visitors to our website
We have developed the grid3.org website so that you can visit it without registering and we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
‘Cookies’ are small text files placed on your computer, smartphone, or similar, by most websites. Cookies allow the website to recognise the device used to access the website and record information about visitors activities and preferences in order to improve the website’s functionality and user experience. Our grid3.org website uses three separate cookies. These are:
||Records that cookie notice has been accepted
||First Party Cookie
||Used to distinguish users.
||First Party Cookie
|Google Tag Manager
||Used for Google Tag Manager.
||First Party Cookie
The Google cookies only appear if the user accepts cookies.
Together, these Cookies allow us to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way that does not identify anyone.
People who email us to make an inquiry or request information or services
When you email the GRID3 partnership via the website to make an inquiry or request that we provide information or services, we retain the email (containing personal data relating to your name and email address) in order to provide the information or service you have requested.
What information does the organisation collect?
- Your email address
- Your name (if provided in the email you send us)
- Your affiliation (if provided in the email you send us)
- Your profession and job title (if provided in the email you send us)
Why does the organisation process personal data?
The organisation has a legitimate interest in processing your data in order to respond to your inquiry or request. We only process the personal data contained in your email, for example your name and email address, in order to provide the information or service you have requested. We do not process the contact details provided for any purpose other than delivering the requested information and / or services.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally within GRID3 partners for the direct and sole purpose of delivering the requested information and / or services. This includes members of the organisations’ administration teams and technical staff with expertise in the field of your inquiry.
We will not share any personal data that you disclose to us in your email, such as your name or email address, with any third party.
How does the organisation protect data?
GRID3 partners take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
We do not automatically encrypt and protect email traffic received via our website. You should be aware that any emails you send may not be protected in transit unless you take measures to encrypt or otherwise protect their contents.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com
The GRID3 website may provide subscription services including an email-based mailing list. Email addresses collected in the maintenance of this list are not shared with any person or organisation outside of GRID3.