The GRID3 Capacity Strengthening programme, led by Flowminder, aims to achieve six objectives:
- To make basic georeferenced data available and useful for decision makers,
- To strengthen countries’ capacity to produce and use those data
- To make positive, ground-level impact on people’s’ lives
- To foster national and regional partnerships
- To promote data sharing, open source solutions,
- To advocate for greater public access to data
To achieve these goals, our capacity strengthening activities are responsive to country requests for support. They include development of policies, data frameworks and protocols as well as organisation of, or participation in, national and regional workshops, training sessions, international conferences, exchanges, study tours etc.
Our training approach provides a range of services to best respond to partners’ needs including short courses, outreach and mentoring, and product documentation. Our course catalogue encompasses not only GRID3 methods but also core foundational subjects relating to the use and application of GRID3 data. The main course themes cover: i) Fundamentals of spatial data, spatial statistics and geographic information system (GIS), ii) Support for Census and Microcensus, iii) Gridded Population Survey: Design, Planning and Implementation, and iv) Analysis, Statistics, and Visualisation.
To view the full list of courses on offer, please click here